T3 Cyber University
A one-day event to help financial advisory firms determine the best solutions and protocols for protecting their firms’ and their clients’ data from cyber security threats. Who should attend? RIAs, OSJs, hybrid and dually registered advisors, as well as the organizations that support their data security efforts.
Postponed until further notice
2020 T3 Cyber University
Embassy Suites by Hilton, Denton Convention Center
NOTE: If you are solicited by anyone regarding discounts for booking your hotel room, it is not legitimate. Do not respond to these offers.
Preliminary Agenda for Cyber University
*Click a tab below to view more details
A non-technical introduction to Cybersecurity
- The foundations of cyber-security
- Getting to Know NIST
- Thinking holistically about cybersecurity
- How Some Cyber Fundamentals Can Help You Attract New Clients and Retain Existing Ones
- An Overview of Today's Curriculum
How to talk to your clients about Cyber
- Warning about Social Media and employment sites being used as a recruiting tool by bad players (government and industrial espionage)
- What it does and does not cover?
- How to read a policy
- Other insurance coverage needed
- What has been the claims experience to date?
- How to help your clients evaluate their coverage needs
How to evaluate your third-party vendor
- What data do they have?
- Who do they share it with?
- How do they protect it?
How to evaluate and hire a cybersecurity vendor or consultant
- What do they actually do?
- What to avoid-there are some bad actors out there
- What you absolutely need
- Why relying on your "IT department or IT consultant" for cybersecurity is a bad idea
- A vendor matrix - who covers what?
How to educate your employees about cybersecurity
- All threats are not equal; what do you need to prioritize
- The threat matrix
Some newer threats and how to protect yourselves
Understanding data aggregation-Sponsored by Envestnet
- How is data shared?
- How is data protected?
- What are the benefits of data aggregation?
- What are the challenges?
Who is getting hacked?
- The annual Verizon report
- Insights from the financial services group
The constantly changing regulatory environment
- How to stay out of the regulator’s crosshairs
- Just because you are compliant does not mean that you are safe